The Biomass Research and Development (R&D) Technical Advisory Committee (Committee) holds four meetings per year (one per quarter). At each meeting the Committee is updated on the biomass R&D activities of the Departments of Energy and Agriculture, in addition to hearing from other biomass stakeholders including federal agencies, industry and non-governmental organizations. The Committee uses the information from these presentations along with their own expertise to help craft recommendations on the direction of biomass R&D at the federal level. Each year the Committee's recommendations to the Secretary of Energy and the Secretary of Agriculture are compiled into an Annual Report to Congress on biomass R&D and jointly submitted by the Department of Energy (DOE) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The Committee's most recent meeting materials are below. For an archive of past Committee meeting materials click on the corresponding year to the left.
Meeting Presentations from the February 27–28, 2014, Biomass R&D Committee Meeting
- Welcome, Introduction of New Members, and Feedback from the Board on 2013 Recommendations
- Committee Business for 2014 and U.S. DOE Updates
- USDA Update on Biomass R&D Activities and Farm Bill
- Biomass Research and Development Initiative (BRDI) Update
- Daniel Cassidy, NIFA, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Overview of DOE Bioenergy Technologies Office 2014 Activities
- Update of the Renewable Fuel Standard and Volumetric Requirement for Biofuels
- Natural Gas to Liquids Workshop Summary
- Overview of the Bioeconomy Initiative