The Biomass Research and Development (R&D) Technical Advisory Committee (Committee) holds four meetings per year (one per quarter). At each meeting the Committee is updated on the biomass R&D activities of the Departments of Energy and Agriculture, in addition to hearing from other biomass stakeholders including federal agencies, industry and non-governmental organizations. The Committee uses the information from these presentations along with their own expertise to help craft recommendations on the direction of biomass R&D at the federal level. Each year the Committee's recommendations to the Secretary of Energy and the Secretary of Agriculture are compiled into an Annual Report to Congress on biomass R&D and jointly submitted by the Department of Energy (DOE) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The Committee's most recent meeting materials are below. For an archive of past Committee meeting materials click on the corresponding year to the left.
Meeting Presentations from the June 13–14, 2016, Biomass R&D Committee Meeting
- Committee Overview and U.S. DOE Updates
- USDA Update on Biomass R&D Activities
- Biomass Research and Development Initiative (BRDI) Update
- Overview of USDA, Agriculture and Food Research Initiative
- Update on the BRD Board Bioeconomy Initiative and Preliminary Review of Listening Sessions
- Overview of the Bioenergy Technologies Office Multi-Year Program Plan (MYPP)
- National Laboratories Big Idea Activities
- Advanced Biomanufacturing, Nathan J. Hillson, Biological Systems & Engineering Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Energy Everywhere, Modular Chemical Conversions Delivering Clean Energy, John Holladay, Energy & Environment Directorate, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Enhancing the Global Carbon Sink, Trent Northen Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Public Comment