The Biomass Research and Development (R&D) Technical Advisory Committee (Committee) holds four meetings per year (one per quarter). At each meeting the Committee is updated on the biomass R&D activities of the Departments of Energy and Agriculture, in addition to hearing from other biomass stakeholders including federal agencies, industry and non-governmental organizations. The Committee uses the information from these presentations along with their own expertise to help craft recommendations on the direction of biomass R&D at the federal level. Each year the Committee's recommendations to the Secretary of Energy and the Secretary of Agriculture are compiled into an Annual Report to Congress on biomass R&D and jointly submitted by the Department of Energy (DOE) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The Committee's most recent meeting materials are below. For an archive of past Committee meeting materials click on the corresponding year to the left.
Meeting Presentations from the August 17–18, 2016, Biomass R&D Committee Meeting
- DOE Update on Biomass R&D Activities
- USDA Update on Biomass R&D Activities
- USDA Rural Development—Rural Business Cooperative Services
- Overview of the Office of Science and Technology Policy and its role on the Biomass Board
- Panel: Advanced Biodigester Systems
- Aviation Biofuel Update (MYPP)
- Panel: Landscape Research—Past, Present, and Future Activities
- Doug Karlen, USDA-ARS, Landscape Research: From a Vision to an Implementation Strategy Concept Background
- Mike Casler, USDA-ARS, CENUSA I—Goals and Accomplishments: Review of a NIFA CAP Addressing the Challenge
- Bill Belden, Antares Inc., Enabling Sustainable Landscape Design for Continual Improvement of Operating Bioenergy Supply Systems Private Sector Opportunities, Challenges, and Implementation Strategies