The Biomass Research and Development (R&D) Technical Advisory Committee (Committee) holds four meetings per year (one per quarter). At each meeting the Committee is updated on the biomass R&D activities of the Departments of Energy and Agriculture, in addition to hearing from other biomass stakeholders including federal agencies, industry and non-governmental organizations. The Committee uses the information from these presentations along with their own expertise to help craft recommendations on the direction of biomass R&D at the federal level. Each year the Committee's recommendations to the Secretary of Energy and the Secretary of Agriculture are compiled into an Annual Report to Congress on biomass R&D and jointly submitted by the Department of Energy (DOE) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The Committee's most recent meeting materials are below. For an archive of past Committee meeting materials click on the corresponding year to the left.
Meeting Presentations from the August 27–28, 2015, Biomass R&D Committee Meeting
- Welcome, Meeting Direction, and Agency Updates
- Committee Co-Chairs
- Elliott Levine, Bioenergy Technologies Office, U.S. Department of Energy
- Todd Campbell, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- How do RINS work?
- Panel: Assessment Tools and Measuring Environmental Externalities
- Panel: Biomass Resource Development and National Security Considerations
- Panel: Bioeconomy Market Development and Economic Impact
- What does the future fuels market look like and how do biofuels fit? Tony Radich, EIA
- USDA Biofules Infrastructure Partnership, Katina Hanson, USDA
- Biorefinery Assistance Program (BAP), Ken Meardon, USDA
- An Economic Impact Analysis of the U.S. Biobased Products Industry, Robert Handfield, North Carolina State University
- Public Comment