The Biomass Research and Development (R&D) Technical Advisory Committee (Committee) holds four meetings per year (one per quarter). At each meeting the Committee is updated on the biomass R&D activities of the Departments of Energy and Agriculture, in addition to hearing from other biomass stakeholders including federal agencies, industry and non-governmental organizations. The Committee uses the information from these presentations along with their own expertise to help craft recommendations on the direction of biomass R&D at the federal level. Each year the Committee's recommendations to the Secretary of Energy and the Secretary of Agriculture are compiled into an Annual Report to Congress on biomass R&D and jointly submitted by the Department of Energy (DOE) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The Committee's most recent meeting materials are below. For an archive of past Committee meeting materials click on the corresponding year to the left.
Meeting Presentations from the November 21–22, 2013, Biomass R&D Committee Meeting
- U.S. Department of Energy Updates , Elliott Levine, DFO, U.S. Department of Energy
- Introduction of New Bioenergy Technologies Office Manager, Jonathan Male, Bioenergy Technologies Office Director, U.S. Department of Energy
- Results of the Bioenergy Technologies Office Peer Review
- USDA Update on Biomass R&D Activities, Todd Campbell, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Use of Marginal Lands for Bioenergy Panel
- Solutions for the Land, Ernest Shea, Project Coordinator, Solutions from the Land Dialogue
- Sustainable Bioenergy Production from Marginal Lands in the U.S. Midwest, Dr. Cesar Izaurralde, Joint Global Change Research Institute