The Biomass Research and Development (R&D) Technical Advisory Committee (Committee) holds four meetings per year (one per quarter). At each meeting the Committee is updated on the biomass R&D activities of the Departments of Energy and Agriculture, in addition to hearing from other biomass stakeholders including federal agencies, industry and non-governmental organizations. The Committee uses the information from these presentations along with their own expertise to help craft recommendations on the direction of biomass R&D at the federal level. Each year the Committee's recommendations to the Secretary of Energy and the Secretary of Agriculture are compiled into an Annual Report to Congress on biomass R&D and jointly submitted by the Department of Energy (DOE) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The Committee's most recent meeting materials are below. For an archive of past Committee meeting materials click on the corresponding year to the left.
Meeting Presentations from the March 5 2015, Biomass R&D Committee Meeting
- Committee Business for 2015 and U.S. DOE Updates
- USDA Update on Biomass R&D Activities
- Overview of Biomass Research and Development Board, Operation Committee and Working Groups
- Biomass Research and Development Initiative (BRDI) Solicitation, Status, and Update
- Daniel Cassidy, NIFA, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Overview of DOE Bioenergy Technologies Office 2015 Budget, New Areas, and Activities
- 2014 Recommendations and Feedback from the Board
- 2015 Committee Activities and Work Plan
- Public Comment