The Biomass Research and Development Technical Advisory Committee (Committee or TAC) is made up of 30–40 volunteers from industry, academia, nonprofits, and local government. The Committee holds quarterly, public meetings that are announced in the Federal Register. Official functions of the Committee include:
- Advising the Secretary of Energy, the Secretary of Agriculture, and the Points of Contact concerning
- The technical focus and direction of requests for proposals issued under the Initiative
- Procedures for reviewing and evaluating the proposals
- Facilitating consultations and partnerships among federal and state agencies, agricultural producers, industry, consumers, the research community, and other interested groups to carry out program activities relating to the Initiative
- Evaluating and performing strategic planning on program activities relating to the Initiative.
In this section you can find more information about the Committee's members, meetings, work plans, and past reports. This section also includes the TAC Library, which contains must reads, recommended reading, and other useful information and resources.